Friday, February 19, 2021

Welcome Back!

Hey guys welcome back to my blog! 

For this year's portfolio project I decided to work on a short film because it's a project I have still not done. Last year's project was a movie intro, and the other options were to do movie trailers or documentary excerpts, all of which I had already done. When completing these projects I often thought of what the ending to these pieces would look like, but since it was never required I could not do it. For this reason, I was excited to choose the short film package, where I am able to develop the beginning, middle, and end of a topic of my choice. However, my problem lied in what I wanted this topic to be. 

After speaking with my teacher we narrowed the genre down to a drama that will make the audience realize that not everything is what it seems. My idea is to present a seemingly villainous character that will be humanized by the end of the film. What I came up with is the following story: A woman has kidnapped a kid and is stuck in her house while she is surrounded by the cops. For the duration of the film, she will be presented as cruel and heartless for having abducted a child, but by the end, it is revealed she is a broken and mentally ill woman who had lost a child of her own. What I think could be the most difficult is being able to make the audience empathize and feel pity for a criminal. In order to do this, I am going to be relying on sad music to set the tone and warm-hued flashbacks to indicate that her life was not always dark.  

I will be posting about this in more detail tomorrow, but I needed to write down what I had so far as a form of brainstorming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finished Product!

A Blink Away finished product! Film:  https://www.wevideo.com/view/2143390901 Instagram: _ablinkaway Postcard Ad: