Sunday, February 28, 2021

Target Audience

Hey guys! Now that I have researched and define my genre, defining my target audience is the next step before developing the plot outline. 

I am thinking of rating my short film PG-13 because while it does have a twisted ending, my desired target audience does consist of teenagers. I asked 21 teenagers of varying ages between 14-19 what specifically about a drama film is appealing to them. About 1/3 of them chose illnesses, violence came in second, romance in third, and societal problems last. 























The results fit perfectly with the premise of my film because it is mainly about the struggling mental illness of a past mother. Although violence came in second, I do not think I want my character to be violent, especially since I want to humanize her. There will also be no romance, but there will be love. The love I want to portray is not one of a romantic couple, but of a mother-son love that is said to be much stronger. 

This is merely the younger end of the spectrum for my target audience. This film should also be found entertaining by young adults and maybe even adults because they are more likely to have had a kid and be more emotionally invested in the piece. However, the only problem I see is that my target audience is too broad. I still need to create a survey for young adults/ adults, so when I get those results I will make a part two for this blog in order for me to finalize the target audience!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Finished Product!

A Blink Away finished product! Film:  https://www.wevideo.com/view/2143390901 Instagram: _ablinkaway Postcard Ad: