Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Target Audience Pt. 2

 Hey guys! I know I promised to come back with the survey for the adult section of my target audience, but I came up with a better idea instead. I want to make the main character a teen mom, that way my target audience can be narrowed down and I am able to market it better. When I was conducting the survey for the adults, I realized their options were the opposite of what the younger end of my target audience liked. Within the drama genre, they were most interested in romance and violence rather than illness and society. This is when I realized it will be too difficult to direct my film towards such a large target audience. Seeing as I am a teenager myself, I believe it will be easier to market a film to a target audience around my age since I will know some information firsthand. 

The idea of including a teen mom is going to make the TA identify more with the main character. Although many teens are not moms, they do go through mental health issues that are more relatable when it is presented in a character their age. In addition, this will make the casting much easier. As I was beginning to think who I could cast, I realized I had very limited options because not many adults have the time or interest to play a part in this film. A teen mom is much easier to find since I know many people my age that want to act. 

With this said, my final target audience will be teens and young adults ranging from about 14-24. It is known that this age range has a short attention span, therefore I will try not to make the film heavy on dialogue in order to keep the audience engaged. I will also be focusing more on society's influence on the main character's mental illness as a way to try to resonate with the TA. Since my last survey showed that they enjoyed action/violence, I will additionally try to include scenes with sudden movements or camera jerks. 

I know I'm super indecisive and keep changing the idea, but I really think it is starting to come together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finished Product!

A Blink Away finished product! Film:  https://www.wevideo.com/view/2143390901 Instagram: _ablinkaway Postcard Ad: