Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Filming!!

 Today was my first day of filming and it went well!


I decided not to write a script for this because many scenes do not have much dialogue. This is done not only to demonstrate Isabel's inner struggle but also to keep my target audience attentive to what is going on. Since my younger target audience tends to have a shorter attention span, including sporadic pieces of dialogue will keep their eyes on the screen. The first thing I filmed was the playground scene where Isabell "kidnaps" the boy. I decided I wanted to shoot for three days and each day working with a different part of the plot, so I would film the climax and end on two separate days. I'm glad that I did not do a script because Bekah was a natural. I often gave her stage directions and when I filmed, she thought about doing it exactly as I told her rather than acting and making it look more natural.


Taking advantage of spring break, I went to a local park in the middle of the day when it was most full to film the flashback scene from when Isabella was playing with her son at the playground. I then waited a couple of hours for the kids to leave in order to get to the park all alone. In those couple of hours, while I waited, we filmed the opening scene. We went back to the house and I filmed the establishing shots and Isa getting out of bed and ready to go to the park. Upon going back to the park, I filmed Isabel sitting alone at the bench looking at the empty playground in order to juxtapose the flashback from reality. We had extra time so we also shot the "kidnapping" scene where she sees a boy who looks like Leo and takes him back home.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Finished Product!

A Blink Away finished product! Film:  https://www.wevideo.com/view/2143390901 Instagram: _ablinkaway Postcard Ad: