Sunday, March 14, 2021

Changes

I was looking back at a previous post and realized I am behind schedule :(

 Linked here is the blog post about the Calendar I will be addressing!

The calendar I created weeks ago no longer fits what I have been posting about. I created this calendar as a guideline, but I have found it difficult to stay on track. When I created this, I had left a week in the end to spare, just in case something went wrong. However, it meant I would have fewer days dedicated to research. As a result, when I began writing these blogs, I realized there were topics, such as social criticism and character avatars, that were necessary to address. If I had followed the schedule, I should be filming next week, but I have yet to cast the characters and create a script! However, I do not regret it because dedicating time to the research components has allowed me to create a deeper analysis of my target audience, which will drive my cinematographic choices in order to gain their attention.

 The topics are written on the calendar no longer fit my plan, so I have to create an updated version of it. What I have written there will just be pushed back a week. For instance, this week I was supposed to blog about typography, set design, costuming, and light scheme. This will be addressed next week, or maybe even while I am filming. For the days I set apart to film, I wrote "Filming" but did not say what exactly I would be blogging about. Therefore, some topics such as set design and the light scheme could be discussed during filming and give me even more space to generate new topics. As far as filming goes, I am going to film during spring break, which begins on the 19th. This will also increase the chance of availability for actors since many people are staying home this break and will have free time.

I'm glad I was able to sort this out because not staying on track was stressing me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finished Product!

A Blink Away finished product! Film:  https://www.wevideo.com/view/2143390901 Instagram: _ablinkaway Postcard Ad: