Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Casting

 While I finalize the story concepts, scripts, and scenes, I need to begin looking for actors. It is important to begin looking for them now in order to be able to schedule appropriate days to shoot the scenes. 

I created a google form where people who are interested in playing a role can apply to see if they fit the character. The form includes name, age, the character they are interested in, physical description, dates available, and Instagram account. While the physical description they provide can be helpful, the Insta account will give me more insight into the person and if they resemble the character. This google form is mainly focused on the casting of Isa and the police officer. Since Leo is a little boy, I will need to get in contact with cousins and family friends for his role. 

In order to get the attention of people, I will be creating flyers calling for actors/actresses to play the parts. During this week, I will be posting the flyers on Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter and will be checking next week to see who filled out the form. I think posting these flyers will not only help cast the characters I envision but also serve as a great advertising tool for my film. My target audience is mainly teens and young adults, so promoting the casting towards where my TA spends most of their time will certainly get their attention. Even if they do not audition, the constant exposure to my flyers is a marketing technique itself to start introducing my film, so I get to kill two birds with one stone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finished Product!

A Blink Away finished product! Film:  https://www.wevideo.com/view/2143390901 Instagram: _ablinkaway Postcard Ad: