Sunday, March 7, 2021

Character Avatars

 Hey guys! I thought I should start looking for people to cast Isa Ramirez and her son Leo! I have a couple of ideas as to how I envision each character. I used the website facemaker.uvrg.org to design what I imagine them to look like. I know that due to limited casting options my character may not look the same, but this will help further develop the identities of the characters. 


I see Isa as a worn-down girl. She has dark circles around her eyes and wears no makeup to cover them. She looks like a stereotypical Hispanic with dark brown hair and eyes and a kind of tan. Her lips are slightly downturned to demonstrate discontent. I envision Isa to be short and appear younger than her age. This will make her seem like a child, therefore explaining why society does not take her seriously. Isa's hair color and eye color are not a necessity, but I do need whoever plays her to look rough and constantly tired.  


 I see Leo as more of a white-washed Hispanic, to indicate that his father is not of Latin descent. His big eyes and slightly upturned smile portray innocence and wonder. He's short, kind of chubby, and an introvert who mainly only spoke to his mom. Whoever I find to be Leo does not have to have light hair and eyes, but I will try to aim for this because it shows how he does not even look like his mom, therefore showing another factor of disconnection between the two characters.

Using this website was honestly kind of creepy because of how real the people look! It was also a little hard because I did not get to choose an age, so I had to play around with the eyes, chin, and face size to help portray certain ages. I really hope I get to find people to cast who resemble these avatars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finished Product!

A Blink Away finished product! Film:  https://www.wevideo.com/view/2143390901 Instagram: _ablinkaway Postcard Ad: