Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Second Group Meeting

 Hey guys! Today I had my second group meeting and it went very well!

It is crucial to make it clear to establish that Isabel lost a child without explicitly stating it. This is where I was seeking input because this needs to be clear in order for the audience to understand the reason behind Isabel's mental illness. My classmates helped by suggesting to use the set design to suggest this idea in the beginning. For the opening scenes, I can include shots of an empty children's room as well as toys, but no sign of a kid. The car Isa drives can also have a booster seat as well as have shoes on the floor. They also brought to my attention that this only establishes that Isabel has a son, not that she lost it. In order to now let the audience know that she no longer has a child, it was suggested to use flashbacks. 

 My peers informed me that constantly switching back and forth may be a little confusing, but it can be done with effective lighting techniques and costume change. By using brighter hues in the flashbacks where the kid is present, it will juxtapose the blue-hued reality she is currently living. By also changing her costume design and mannerisms, the flashbacks will be further noticeable. Isabel will be wearing makeup with bright colors and a smile on her face in her flashbacks, whereas in the present time she is in darker colors and has a melancholic expression. By creating a noticeable difference between past Isa and the present one, it will be clear to the audience when a flashback occurs. 

I will have to focus a lot on post-production editing as well as set design in order to convey the message that she once had a child who is now lost. Through the props, costume design, and lighting, this will be made evident. I was glad to have this meeting because it helped me solidify the story through the eyes of the audience! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finished Product!

A Blink Away finished product! Film:  https://www.wevideo.com/view/2143390901 Instagram: _ablinkaway Postcard Ad: