Thursday, March 18, 2021

Casting Update

 Bad news! As I was looking at the Google Form I made for potential actresses in the film, I realized that only a couple of people actually filled out the form. :(

Of the three girls, two did not fit the character of Isabel. Although they had experience in acting, they were blonde and did not look Hispanic. For my film, it is important that Isa is Latina because I want this piece to reflect how society treats those in a lower social class, specifically Hispanics. The other girl who was interested is Hispanic and fit my character well, but she was going on vacation during spring break which is when I intended to film. I could have cast her, but that would mean I had to postpone filming for a week and that would just set me back even more.  

The good news, however, is that I was able to find someone else! 

I had initially thought my friend could act as Isa for the film because she fit the character perfectly, but she did not like acting or being filmed. However, once I told her my situation and begged her for hours, she decided I could cast her. This worked out perfectly because she has a younger cousin who is six years old that can play the part of Leo. The idea of the two actors knowing each other is a good idea because that way they will both be comfortable with each other and get along well. I had planned to hang out with her during the break, so I will take time before we meet to film. Although my sign up sheet was not successful, I think it worked out for the best because I was able to find a much better person to play Isabel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finished Product!

A Blink Away finished product! Film:  https://www.wevideo.com/view/2143390901 Instagram: _ablinkaway Postcard Ad: