Friday, March 19, 2021

Props/ Set Design

 Hey guys, I went looking for the props I am going to use!

I will be using a family friends house which they have let me use because they’re going to be away during spring break, so I have the chance to move around the rooms a bit. They have a younger son which is perfect because I can use that room for the opening shots. I also thought of the idea of putting all of his toys in boxes because it is a way of demonstrating that the boy isn’t there anymore. The idea of the boxes of toys shows how Isabell is still waiting for Leo to come back but is trying to move on. This also works in my favor because I won’t have to fill the room up with many props, as long as I have a couple that are just on top of the box, it can be portrayed that a boy used to live there.


I really want to emphasize the social class they live in, which means that Leo played with hand me down toys or did not have as much as other kids. I found old toys of mine, as well as some of my actressess's toys in order to show worn down, ragged items. I will also include other details around the house to hint at Isabel's lifestyle. For example, she will not wear clothing with brands and will drive an inexpensive car. There will be Bustello coffee in the kitchen during one of the scenes, which not only represents a cheap drink alternative, but also shows her Latin descent. A stack of bills will also be seen around the house. It is mostly small details, such as low popcorn ceilings, which also bring it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finished Product!

A Blink Away finished product! Film:  https://www.wevideo.com/view/2143390901 Instagram: _ablinkaway Postcard Ad: