Thursday, March 5, 2020

Group Meeting

Hey guys! I had my first group meeting in class earlier this week to get some feedback on my movie intro when I realized that I was not completely sure of the plot. My introduction seemed more like a scene that would occur later in the movie rather than the beginning. With that being said, I have come up with the final movie intro.

There will be no dialogue, just music playing with the credits along with the clips. The scene begins with short and close up shots. There will be a bulletin board with a girl’s face on it and many strings coming out of her picture that connect to different pieces of her life. All that is seen throughout the scene is the back of a man or his side, but never his face to keep his identity a mystery. This will go on throughout most of the scene up until the very end, where he looks at his watch and looks outside of his window to find that the girl he has been stalking is walking by. The scene ends with him walking out and turning the light off, which is where the title will later appear.

I think that the lack of dialogue will make the scene seem like a theme song of some sort that establishes the antagonist and alludes to conflict. My idea originally of a girl getting drugged at a bar was not one that I was passionate about and did not seem like a movie opening, especially because the change in scenery so frequently created the opposite effect. With this new idea, I can play with mise-en-scene and lighting to create an eerie feeling that will better reflect the horror genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finished Product!

A Blink Away finished product! Film:  https://www.wevideo.com/view/2143390901 Instagram: _ablinkaway Postcard Ad: