Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Target Audience

As I was working on the project, I realized that I need to determine the target audience for this piece. For the horror genre both males and females watch at an even amount, 52% to 48%, so the age and gender is not specifically set in stone. However, the target audience is typically teenage to young adult males. This is because many horror films satisfy that sense of vengeance and violence.

For my opening there will be no violence depicted, so I intend for a larger base of females to enjoy it as well. I am not making this adhering to a specific group of people. On the contrary, I am keeping the conventions as basic as possible in order to appeal to a larger audience. The lack of dialogue will help in this because I won't have to create jargon that only a specific group uses and instead use the silence as a way to intrigue the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finished Product!

A Blink Away finished product! Film:  https://www.wevideo.com/view/2143390901 Instagram: _ablinkaway Postcard Ad: